Relocating can be an expensive and stressful proposition. There are a number of important decisions to be made, all within a deadline and a budget. When your relocation involves a distant move, there is uncertainty about finding the right home and community to fit your lifestyle. There are also concerns about family needs, schools, services and amenities.
When making these life-changing decisions, relocating home buyers often rely on the advice of a real estate sales agent, who may not have their best interests at heart!
Fortunately, the services of an Exclusive Buyer Agent are available to you in many areas around the country. There a number of ways that working with an Exclusive Buyer Agent can give you an advantage:
1. An Exclusive Buyer Agent keeps your motives and budget confidential.
2. An Exclusive Buyer Agent can show you any home on the market, including MLS, For-Sale-by-Owner and homes for sale by builders.
3. An Exclusive Buyer Agent is dedicated entirely to the buyer, providing expert negotiation and market guidance that can save thousands of dollars on the home purchase.
4. Because an Exclusive Buyer Agent only serves buyers, they evaluate homes, communities and amenities from a buyer’s perspective, providing objective information and frank advice.
5. An Exclusive Buyer Agent has no “brand loyalty” to listings by any specific real estate company.
6. Exclusive Buyer Agencies do not have listings, or serve sellers in any way. This avoids the conflicts of interest inherent in the traditional real estate company that takes listings and tries to represent both buyers and sellers and often in the same transaction.
7. The fiduciary relationship between an Exclusive Buyer Agent and the buyer-client ensures the highest levels of service, with the buyer’s best interests at the forefront.
8. Exclusive Buyer Agents have strong networks of industry partners, including home inspectors, mortgage lenders, moving services and home service providers.
9. There generally is no extra cost involved in using an Exclusive Buyer Agent! Ask your EBA if there might be an extra cost. If there is it usually can be made a part of the purchase and sale contract and included in the purchase price and as part of the negotiation.
10. Exclusive Buyer Agents can work with corporate relocation services, home buyers, and employers to provide cost savings and strategic advantages.